Wednesday, May 18, 2011

song challenge.

ok this is supposed to be over 30 days. but since im a numbnuts and cant even finish my OTHER 30 day challenge that ive been randomly adding to since november -- im doing it in 2 sections. 1-14 and then 15-30 :)

so get ready to jam. get ready to clap and squuueee out of excitement for songs you forgot. yahooooo!!

day 01 - your favorite song

ok this is hard for me bc i am a super music freak. but this has been one of my favorites FOREVER!

fuel - shimmer (there was no embedded vid for this one)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0QMfK9hzgA

my newest favorite song is parachute - she is love.


i also love howie day - collide (thats where my SN "wrongwordsrhyme" comes from


the kid's favorite song is train - hey soul sister.


and also they love the rascal flatt version life is a highway



and also - this is a HUGE one for all of us. we GET DOOOWN to this at home. no joke.

lmfao - party rock.


day 02 - your least favorite song

i hate a lot of songs. LOL but one that people love that i hate -

sir mix a lot.


day 03 - a song that makes you happy

this can brighten my day at any moment in time.

mighty mighty bosstones - the impression that i get


day 04 - a song that makes you sad

rascal flatts - broken road. it just makes me swoon. and i usually end up crying. i guess it doesnt make me saaaad per se - just teary (a happy teary, though)



day 05 - a song that reminds you of someone

EJ and my wedding song <3 its the name of my other blog, its the tattoo on my back, its my heart.


day 06 - a song that reminds you of somewhere

ahhhh the bar. treff's. where i met EJ. where i had the best year's of college. on monday nights, one of the bartenders and i would act this out - it was poker night, i was cocktail, it was slow, this was like the routine. man, good times.

LFO - girl on TV


day 07 - a song that reminds you of a certain event

well this one is not an "event", but (and don't laugh) justin timberlake's sexy back always reminds me of being pregnant with aidan. it was so popular and i would shake my pregnant bump in the car and it'd make aidan mooooove.



day 08 - a song that you know all the words to

every song LOL im not kidding. its my talent. there's not one song on the radio that i couldnt sing all the words to. sorry. no vid for this one. there's simply too many.

day 09 - a song that you can dance to

hahahaha ::dies:: i dance to EVERY song that comes on the radio. lol our car is like a never ending dance party.

day 10 - a song that makes you fall asleep

john mayer, dreaming with a broken heart. i just adore it.


day 11 - a song from your favorite band

motion city soundtrack - attractive today


im kind of emo. get over it.

day 12 - a song from a band you hate

sorry, EJ. this is his all-time fave band.

metallica.



day 13 - a song that is a guilty pleasure

anything by ke$ha. we're going to the concert (with LMFAO - see vid above) in august. i CANNOT WAIT!!!


fwiw, i have a zillion guilty pleasures. like, my CD case is filled with broadway musicals, hanson (uh yes. they are hot now, yo!!), and other random crap that youd want to flip by quickly.

day 14 - a song that no one would expect you to love

like i stated above - im totally emo when it comes to some music.

ive seen new found glory in concert before. and i have been known to rock out in my car LOL


ok, well i hope you enjoyed my personal music party for the day :) more to come soon!!

6 comments:

  1. You've got great taste! I knew I liked you! (Add this to the 12903138 other reasons. :) )

    I LOVE "Shimmer." Another great one that never gets old is "Fast Car" by Tracy Chapman. :) "Life is a Highway" is (unfortunately) Truman's anthem. And I wish John Mayer wasn't such a tool because I love his music, especially his Continuum album. All of it = <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. just move here so we can be in love. fast car is one of my faves that i forgot -- i will ALWAYS listen to it on the radio if it comes on - and i get sad when its over.

    john mayer is a dode. but i truly love him. the first CD is my fave. i could listen to it all day and night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nfg is my favorite band of all time. glad to see they made your list. =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think motion city is my number one for "bands" (not singers, groups, etc) and then NFG. i adore them. every song makes me want to rock out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like MCS, too.

    DH made fun of me the other day bc he asked me to list my top 5 favorite bands:
    1. NFG
    2.the starting line (our wedding song was "the best of me"
    3. something corporate/jack's mannequin
    4. blink-182
    5. paramore

    3/5 were drive-thru records bands, and they're all pop-punk. i'm so lame, lol.

    ReplyDelete